View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Diana,

Is this the same tooth that the oral surgeon recently said had an infection but your dentist didn't agree with that diagnosis?

When a dentist starts putting composite material on a new crown, there is a problem right there with the fit of the crown. Anytime the dentist remarks "the margins are still to big" on the crown they just made.... there is a problem with the fit of the crown.

Sounds to me like the dentist that did this new crown, has not treated you fairly in that if the new crown does not fit properly, he has to do a new one, no questions asked!

You have been through the wringer with your recent dental problems. How is the extraction site feeling and healing these days!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaba View Post
Last Nov. my dentist wanted to place a crown of a non-painful tooth because it had a crack that went below the gum line. Had alot of pain with the temporary that spread to other teeth despite the bite being adjusted a couple of times.

Went to another dentist to try and get it resolved who stated something about the margins on both the temp(and the permanent, I brought it with me)New dentist asked old dentist to replace the crown, he refused said he'd fix it. New dentist placed a new temp on and took a mold for the old dentist to "fix" the perm crown. New temp was less nerve painful but still didn't like much pressure. Asked new dentist if I would just be better off having a new crown made and she said no.

Had new dentist place the perm crown last week. She said the margins were still too big, even tried to take pics but camera wasn't working. So she tried to fill in margins with composite. Now I'm having worse pain from that 2nd to the last molar to the front tooth on that side. Sensitive to hot/cold(didn't have that before) and still problems with pressure. Also, she took a
the perm crown on /off several times while adjusting it, and that didn't hurt(was numbed), but when the cement was placed I could feel it in several teeth.

As mentioned in a previous post had a tooth extraction on the other side 3 weeks ago, so can't really chew on either side now. Was getting by on soups and smoothies but now with the sensitivity to temperature my options are even more limited.

Should I wait and see if it calms down?, should I try to get more composite added? Should I just start over? Not my primary concern, but it is getting expensive, and I just want the pain to stop and be able to eat normally again. I can't believe this has been going on for almost a year now.

Sorry it's so long.

Diana
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (05-27-2012)