View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hair Analysis and Food Sensitivity Testing

Hello Everyone,
My Accupressurist did a hair analysis for me from Trace Elements Inc. I am wondering if anyone has had this done or heard about it. It showed me to have Low Thyroid Function (which I do). High Calcium and Copper, High CA/P ratio, High Na/Ka ratio, high Ca/Mg ratio, Low Fe/Copper ratio.

They recommended a lot of different vitamins and minerals. The cost is 171.20 for 30 days. My accupressurist said I can use 1/2 of what they recommend and get 60 days use. My endocronolgist said he could not sign off on any of this since there is no research done on it.

If anyone here knows anything about this or has any thoughts on it please share. I am unsure what to do. I hate to put out that kind of money but if it will help me.....However, i don't think I will be able to keep it up.

Also, she is now recommending I have my blood tested for food sensitivities. The company is Cell Science Systems. The website is www.alcat.com. She said there may be some food sources that are causing some of my symptoms. She gave me a form to be sure it is covered by insurance and said I need a doctors note and she will provide the test tubes as long as I go to Quest diagnostics.

Unsure what to do. Has anyone ever heard of this company or had other food sensitivity testing done. If so did it help to eliminate the foods you were sensitive to.

Mrs. D it seems you have been studying all of this for many years have you heard anything about these test? By the way I went to CVS today ours doesn't have the epsom lotion. I am going to look on line.

I would really appreciate any information anyone can give me. So many different things are recommended to me that half the time I don't know what to do.

Oh as a side note I do think my accupressurist is great. She is very caring but not all that familiar with neuropathy.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give me
hopeful
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote