View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Nightcrawler!

Thanks for the information!

I was really upset b/c the dr. that told me I had phantom pain managed to break another one of my vertebrae during the exam - brittle bone disease caused by Cushings......
Also, said dr. told me to "give up" - b/c I "had the worst case of MG he'd evr come across" - told him "unacceptable" and left - needless to say - he WAS NOT the dr. for me! LOL!

I think most people have problems being dx'ed with MG, and it really upsets me........

Anyway, hope you are feeling GREAT today and thank you for your response!

Big hugs!
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
Erin,
In defense of your doctors "phantom pain" is real pain, just a remembered one that your brain can't get rid of, and is hard, but not impossible to treat. In defense of you, they should be getting you to a clinic that treats chronic pain. There is an interesting article on pain that explains such mechanisms and you might want to print it and take on your next visit: I hope they will let me leave this link, but just incase, I will type out what comes after Doctordeluca.com/Library/Pain/CP1newDisease2K.htm.
nc
Nope no links, but maybe they will leave the typed part in. Well, I will try leaving out the www