View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trappednerve View Post
Has anyone ever heard of this or have any ideas on what it might be. I don't even know how to google this to look for information. I will mention it to the neurologist but my follow up appointemnt isn't until October. In the meantime, I would really appreciate an ideas that anyone may have. Thanx.

BACKGROUND:
I found this forum because I thought I had sciatica. It now seems that nerves are trapped at one of my SI joints- though that is just the latest idea.

Anyway, I initially started doing yoga and pilates to help my back and I have found so many differences between the right and left sides of my body.

AND, it is not just from the hips down- it is also my arms and shoulders.

I know this now because I have been doing my exercises laying flat on my hardwood floor. The left side feels limp compared to the right- and it doesn't just feel limp, it IS relatively limp- both my hip and shoulder lie closer to the floor , and the flesh on my left leg spreads out more.

Also, I just now decided to do a "snow angle" on the hardwood floor and the sensation in my left arm is not as good at my right. This is similar to my legs- if I rub both legs at the same times, the left does not feel as much as the right though it isn't totally numb.

I had EMG studies done on my left - she only tested L2 and L4 and L2 was "irriated" and L4 was "denervated". But wow, I am so shocked to see that there is a difference between my right and left arms and shoulders and that scares me.

Maybe it is something even more serious than radiculopathy? (as if that isn't bad enough)

I posted in this forum because I have no idea even what forum to post it in. If anyone has a forum to suggest, I would appreciate that too.

thank you very much

thanx
First, the dominant arm/leg are naturally stronger and therefore more toned that the other, because you use them more..and you use them more because the nerve connections are better to that side of the body. Perfectly natural--to a degree--yours may be more pronounced, and worthy of medical intervention, if just to calm your mind.

If you've been having sciatica symptoms (tingling, weakness, maybe some numbness) in the leg, and you don't feel this all the time, it is likely to be impingement of the sciatic nerve not by sacroilliac joint, but by one or more muscles deep within the hip, beneath your fanny muscles. If that is the case, a half hour of trigger point therapy with a licensed massage therapist will relieve the symptoms.
GaryA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote