Thread: Labyrinthitis
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
However it's spelled, my doctor told me I have this condition. It's mild. I'm doing vestibular exercises. It's like when you cross the street and look both ways. That exercise and looking at an object and while gazing at it, looking from right to left.

I read this on the internet. Alan had this YEARS ago but his was so bad (we didn't know it was vertigo at the time) I had call the paramedics. That was very frightening.

In my case, a few days ago I was bending to open a drawer and I started to sway. I than said "uh oh, the last time this happened it was a 24 hour virus and I threw up". I then laid down, looked up at the ceiling fan and it was going round and round for a few seconds. I simply sat up and decided I was having none of that. And it went away. I then went to sleep for a few hours. Didn't have another spell but I felt OFF so to speak. Next day was Sunday, and I slept a few hours then too.

Today I spoke to Dr. Fred and and told him the whole story. He diagnosed it and it seems to fit. I feel perfectly fine right now. I went shopping, made a wash, did my usual business. I read all that it says on the internet.

I'm doing the exercises and hoping for the best. It did say that this takes from 1 to 6 weeks to completely go away (in many cases).

So obviously, I'm eating healthy, I'm doing the exercises. Haven't had another spell. No signs of anything else.

Oh, my sugar was up this morning, don't know if it was from stress but I'm keeping an eye.

I do my vitamix thing, I sprout and I am keeping busy.

So if anyone knows any other thing I can do, please let me know.

But.. so far so good.

lol

Melody
Have you ever used the Epley maneuver? Youtube videos are available. I have ear problems--both ears produce what seems like a gallon or so of fluid every day, and if I don't keep them relatively dried out, I get infections.

You know about the little "stones" within the vestibular tubes that control your balance? The Epley maneuver loosens them so that can move freely to maintain your balance when you change positions. It's a simple technique, one you can do on yourself without help if necessary. Sometimes one treatment is enough, sometimes I have to repeat it daily for a couple of weeks. But it does work--and without a doctor visit!
GaryA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote