View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post op outcome.... too soon to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 343v343 View Post
Interesting stories about your respective surgeries thanks for sharing. Definitely a contrast from the statistics which is encouraging. Seems like the majority of the surgeries were warranted by blood flow and not so much neuro symptoms. Wondering if that is indicative of the good results. What sort of prognosis are you getting for potential failures. Doing pull ups and pushups is encouraging but how can you avoid scar tissue and other recurrence. My fear would be making my situation worse or undoing the surgery. If the surgery were to "fail" how soon would you know? What is the follow up work up to track complicstions or relapse ??
Hi 343v343,
I'm day 27 post first rib excision op now. Yes the surgery was predominately due to Venous occlusive disease as my previous neurological issues that accompanied it subsided on there own accord... after a year with the help of minimal use however.
At the moment I'm still coping with slight inflammation, muscle tightness/aches so can't really say how the turn out will be. I've had afew episodes where I feel like I've done too much moving around and felt as though I've pulled and taxed my muscles. I have a little hard lump at the base of my neck/just above my collarbone, at the edge of one of my scars - which feels achy/pulsey???.... so abit concerned about that.
Currently I'm just stretching to help with the muscle tightness of my SCM.
My follow up with my surgeon is in 3 weeks time so I am waiting until then before I undertake anything too exertive. I'm scared that if I return to normal activities ( not that I'm near to that stage yet) I will undo the surgery or cause damage around my scar tissue.
Anyway after my surgery follow up I will give an update.
SD38
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote