View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/sh...new_crumb=true

Right now today there is no sale on this. But sometimes it goes down to 5.99 or 7.99.
There is a shipping charge however.

If I were you I'd talk to the manager of the store and have HIM order it for you. It is a regular product of theirs and there would be no shipping charge if you had them get it for you at store level.

Two CVS locations near me carry it all the time regularly.
It may be put in odd spots in the store. I've seen it with the Thermacare patches, or next to the epsom salts. There is no specific spot for it, it seems.

As far as expensive supplements go, I'd do this:

1) increase your intake of potassium rich foods. A can of V8 juice (not the fusion type) has more potassium than an RX supplement! 800mg for regular and 1100 for low sodium. Cantaloupe --1/2 melon has 1400mg potassium! You don't need a supplement for that.

2) get that lotion, and try it first.

Your hair analysis did not show heavy metals? Copper can be mildly elevated when zinc is low. You could take an inexpensive zinc supplement and that will lower copper. Clinically low iron (FE) would show up as anemia in your regular medical testing.
The main reason for hair testing IMO is to get any hint of toxic heavy metal loads.
This zinc supplement is the best one on the market IMO:
http://www.iherb.com/Source-Naturals...lets/1361?at=0
About a year's supply for 9.80. Most quality health food stores have this but it may be a bit more expensive. A close second choice would be zinc picolinate which is also common in store locally.

I am not familiar with Alcat testing... so I cannot really help you there.
But doing an elimination diet, is free, and works too. I just did that myself with gluten and nightshades, and citrus. Stop eating the suspected thing for 2 weeks and reintroduce it. This can be very revealing!
The offender typically can turn out to be something you love and crave...allergenic things tend to do this, make you want to eat them MORE.

I would start with magnesium, the lotion. And/or some supplements orally. (not oxide type)
Here is a link to a food information site which will help you choose foods high in potassium and magnesium.
example for edamame beans (you have to shell them yourself):
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/9873/2

These are really good. I buy them cooked and frozen and just thaw in boiling water for 5 minutes or less. They taste good and are satisfying and help with blood sugar control. A wonderful source of potassium, magnesium and zinc. And not expensive.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 09-27-2011 at 05:41 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote