View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 07:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We've used hair analysis a few times and have gotten some valuable insights from them. Having said that, we have found that you need someone who knows how to assess the results accurately. In some cases, you can use the hair analysis to address nutritional issues. But in others, it's an indicator that you need further testing.

Like with your iron and copper. If you haven't already done this, you can do blood serum levels of your iron. Ferritin is a good indication of iron status. They can check your iron, TIBC, %saturation, UIBC and Ferritin. I don't know how accurate the hair analysis is for low iron stores but I do know that the hair analysis is NOT a good test for excess iron.

Zinc, copper and iron are closely linked. If one is abnormal, it can effect the others. So it would be good to check your zinc and copper blood serum also. You can get a complete copper/zinc profile done.

I think Mrs. D's suggestion on adding zinc (to lower copper) and the foods rich in potassium and magnesium (to help the calcium) are a good idea. Green leafy vegetables are also good to add add for the minerals and vitamin K.

Identifying and correcting food sensitivities can go a long way in helping your body to heal and self-correct.

What specific nutrients are they recommending? If iron is one of them, I would not start with a iron supplement until you get confirmation of low iron. Also, is your vitamin D in a good range?
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (09-27-2011)