View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Mrs D hit the major offenders. Sugars (natural and artificial sweeteners) are troublesome especially if you have digestive issues.

One way to approach it is to keep a log of what you are eating at each meal. and how you feel. What items are appearing daily or even at each meal, and see if you crave any of those. Are you tired or sluggish after a meal? Bloated or have heart burn. If so, those are suspect.

Most, if not all of us, eat a pretty static diet. Wheat, sugar, dairy, corn, soy show up daily. Corn, soy, and sugars are in processed foods. I find if I eat cow's dairy daily, I will end up with sinus congestion.

One other thing on the hair test....this is really a screening tool and has limitations. You can have false low/high values from hair care products. You need to take into consideration your symptoms, diet, lifestyle, stress level and other lab tests. So it's good you are going to check out your iron before starting a supplement. And finally, the test results on your CA,MG, P & K may be a result of electrolyte imbalance and/or adrenal function and not an deficient/excessive status of the mineral.
Marlene is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote