View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default i tried it.

It worked for me, but i didn't like the repeated injections, or the nausea that it brought on (although there are several drugs such as Ondansetron or Trimethobenzamide to help with this). I ended up just upping my dopa dose to a level where i eventually could tolerate. However one seems to always give upsomething for ay. I don't see the benefits of it except if one doesn't, or forgets to take their usual meds on time. The best "rescue that i have found is to chew a couple of 100/25's and swallow them with lots of water, then wait 15 minutes or so. I went on Dexedrine CR 30mg in the morning about 5 years ago, and now, only very rarely get to the point where my "off" is so debilitating that i find it difficult to do ANYTHING. I have also found Amantadine 100mg , twice a day to remain as part my med regimen, despite what "they" say about it's only short time of effectiveness. If i take it out of the gemisch of other meds, i really notice a big difference. Plus "the pen" method of apomorphine injection, is an overall expensive way to acheive the small gains in movement.
I won't attempt to dissuade you from trying it, but it has not proven to be a "blockbuster" of a drug for PD. WELL, THEM'S MY 2 PFENNIG'S WORTH ANYWAY! cs
ol'cs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jim0918 (09-27-2011)