View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 03:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What is the answer?

Katie **
New to the sight. Not quite sure if I am even in the right place yet. I have had 2 Microvascular Decompressions in the last 3 years.I have been in excruciating pain for about 8 1/2years now due to a root canal. I have been up and down the east coast to drs, dentists, nuerologist, oral surgeons, brain surgeons and I can not even count anymore the list of medications I have taken. Neither surgery worked. The only thing that temporarily takes the pain away is chewing so I have gum in my mouth 24/7. I sleep with it! That is what the Dr's find so confusing is that chewing makes my mouth feel better. Xanax also works for short periods but I am on in my own opinion way to much. Makes me so sleepy. I have been taking 6-8 mg a day for the last 6 years. The Dr says the next step is the DBS but I am a little skeptical. Would love to here some stories that had happy endings. My pain is in my mouth. Lower left jaw on the inner part burning and pulsating...Can anyone out there relate? Thanks in advance for any feedback. Anyone from NJ??? Katie

Last edited by Chemar; 09-27-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: full name removed for privacy
abecrombie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote