View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 04:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
I did not go away, I was just not going to write until the site healed because I think I am feeding this by talking about it. I feel a little better today which is great, the site is not so sensitive when I touch it with my tongue so that is good. There are times when I feel pressure when I talk still but that might be because my socket is still red. I don't know. I am so sick of this ordeal that I wish I could crawl in a cave and cry, but I have 2 small kids and I have to force myself to be strong. When I am alone at night that is one thing. My husband is a great guy who is so positive and he feels everything is going to be fine but he is not going through this. I am petrified to go Monday to the oral surgeon. There are a few good things that did come out of this and that is learning to be patient and understanding, exploring my faith, and I lost a ton of weight. I know this has to end eventually that is the body's way but it is getting there that is the battle. I don't want to blame anybody for this I just want it done.. I am really scared that there is a hole in the bone not just a small puncture. I am worrying about everything, and there could be nothing there anymore.. Uggg.. The positive is that I never got a sinus infection yet, no ear pain, facial pain, swelling, liquids out of the nose and I can't suck air up it or down it anymore. Also all day I had a weird taste in your mouth like blood and I have not noticed that for a few days. I hope my posts at least get to help someone else who is going through something like this.
Bryanna, will a dental ct scan show anything and before the oral surgeon goes in if he has to what does he go on do you know? Is it the panoramas he took? I just don't want him going in and finding out it is clothes and I am subjected to more pain.. Thanks for your ear..
Nicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Nicole,

Well thanks for the kind words... I really just want to be of help if I can ;-)

Generally red gum tissue indicates inflammation or bacteria. In your case, it could be that or it could be trauma from all that that little area has been through. I don't think it is related to the sinus perf. It may not change to pink... but I think eventually it will.

Feeling pressure in your sinus when you talk.....perhaps that is inflammation of the sinus cavity from all this damp, humid weather. I'm in NJ and we are dealing with the same crap here. Have you tried taking an OTC decongestant? A supplement that is helpful with sinus issues is called Quercetin. Here is an informative website about what it is..
http://www.quercetinguide.com/
The product that I am most familiar with and recommend to others is made by Jarrow Formulas and it's time released capsule.

I hate to disagree with the nurse, but a sinus perf can be felt if it is causing an airflow from the nose to the mouth that wasn't present prior to the procedure. Some tiny perfs close so quickly that this physical symptom never occurs... in that case, no a person wouldn't be aware of it.

I think you are healing and it is going to take more time than you would like it to. Just be mindful of what you are eating, drinking and be diligent with your oral hygiene while on vacation. Definitely have a fabulous time wherever you are going... hopefully it's warm and sunny.... and let the healing happen ;-))

Please let us know how how you're doing when you get back!
Bryanna

[/QUOTE]
Dry socket girl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote