View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Epidural bloodpatch

Hi,
Just wanted to reply to your question, as it seems a bit tough to find leak-related answers sometimes!
I've had 2 bloodpatches, both in the thoracic region. The procedure was pretty quick, about 1/2 hour all up, but then afterwards, depending on your doc's orders you'll have to lay flat and be on bedrest for some time. My 1st bloodpatch was a success, I could stand up the next day with no headache. I spent that night in hospital (2nights total) and then went home, and took it easy.
Then I had a baby, and the leak reoccured. I had the second bloodpatch and stayed in hospital for 4 days. I was headache free for about 5 days and then they slowly creeped back in. I would still say that I have improved upon the condition I was in before the second bloodpatch though, as my headaches are slightly more tolerable.
Just doing some research now to see what my symptoms may indicate, and if I should wait it out or move on to the next step, namely a CT myelogram to see exactly where the leak is and perhaps another bloodpatch.
Hope that helps some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrazy View Post
Please tell me truth about your experience with the epidural blood patch... the web makes it sound like a quick, easy, in and out procedure, rest for a week and your cured... ya'll make it sound something quite diff. I wish to hear each of your stories please!
35weekheadache is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (01-27-2015)