View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Eenie,

The middle crown?? That's the pontic/fake tooth. Is that portion of the bridge jammed into that gum tissue? Is there room to get a floss threader underneath that area comfortably?

If both anchor teeth are healthy and they were not hurting prior to the placement of this bridge.... then it could be the fit of the bridge that is causing excessive pressure on those anchor teeth. In that case, the bridge would need to be redone or the periodontal ligaments that hold those anchor teeth in the bone are going to become very inflamed and both teeth could die. It could also be the bite is not lined up properly and you may be clenching during your sleep. If it is the bite, then when you wake up in the morning you would feel some achiness....pain... tenderness in the jaw.... which could subside or get worse as the day goes on.

Is anything temperature sensitive?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eenie View Post
Thanks Bryanna. The gum area that seems to be causing the problem is the middle of the crowns. (1 crown either side of where tooth was removed) Hope that makes sense! Have slight toothache today but nowhere near as bad as it has been .Am going to contact dentist again today as my own dentist is back. Think it could be a bridge problem as both crowns ache. One tooth was slightly painful to tapping, where 2 weeks ago both were! Think I have a gremlin in my mouth!! Dentist did say that if I got relief yesterday it would be the gum causing the problem, but from your reply and my symptoms I'm not so sure! Thanks again.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote