View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Nicole,

I understand what you are saying.... completely. I counsel people every day and your fears, questions are very, very common. The only reason that I am able to look at this situation less fearful than you is because I have seen it from the surgical aspect so I am aware of the "unknowns" and the "potentials". To be fair to yourself, you cannot possibly imagine what this site looks like as it is healing because you cannot see it and the complications that you have experienced have left you feeling uncertain and fearful of the worst. From what your recent posts... it sounds to me like it is healing and it's just going to take some time.

I don't see why the oral surgeon would need to go into that site based on what you have described here. At this point, it is best to allow it to continue to heal rather than disturb it. I think that will be the outcome of your visit on monday.

I'm sorry you didn't go away :-(... I hope you can reschedule your trip to another time very soon.

Please try not to worry, you're doing everything right.... it will be ok =)

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry socket girl View Post
Hi Bryanna,
I did not go away, I was just not going to write until the site healed because I think I am feeding this by talking about it. I feel a little better today which is great, the site is not so sensitive when I touch it with my tongue so that is good. There are times when I feel pressure when I talk still but that might be because my socket is still red. I don't know. I am so sick of this ordeal that I wish I could crawl in a cave and cry, but I have 2 small kids and I have to force myself to be strong. When I am alone at night that is one thing. My husband is a great guy who is so positive and he feels everything is going to be fine but he is not going through this. I am petrified to go Monday to the oral surgeon. There are a few good things that did come out of this and that is learning to be patient and understanding, exploring my faith, and I lost a ton of weight. I know this has to end eventually that is the body's way but it is getting there that is the battle. I don't want to blame anybody for this I just want it done.. I am really scared that there is a hole in the bone not just a small puncture. I am worrying about everything, and there could be nothing there anymore.. Uggg.. The positive is that I never got a sinus infection yet, no ear pain, facial pain, swelling, liquids out of the nose and I can't suck air up it or down it anymore. Also all day I had a weird taste in your mouth like blood and I have not noticed that for a few days. I hope my posts at least get to help someone else who is going through something like this.
Bryanna, will a dental ct scan show anything and before the oral surgeon goes in if he has to what does he go on do you know? Is it the panoramas he took? I just don't want him going in and finding out it is clothes and I am subjected to more pain.. Thanks for your ear..
Nicole

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote