View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 01:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwk View Post
Thanks Aussie for commenting. Do you have symptoms in your abdomen and back. I am so scared that mine is spreading so quickly. Thanks a lot!
It spread to every centimetre of my body. It's painful small fibre. I have had it 6.5 years. It never killed me. It spread and then it got better. I was almost normal for 3 years. As I said I was in a car accident this past March and got wiplash and other spinal issues and I had a strong inflammatory response which triggered a painful flare that comes and goes. Since I am on a few prescription meds for other things (non neuropathy related), I am hesitant to commit to more drugs for the PN. Yes I pop a painpill when it goes over 5/6 on pain scale. But mainly I just have learned to live with it. I find when I am really thinking about it, it hurts more. So I occupy myself with things like work,reading,cooking,cleaning, exercise,family,friends, and the more occupied I am the less time I worry about my pain. Clean up your diet, examine the meds you are on, get exercise,get sleep, mediate, and look after yourself and find a doctor you really trust. I don't know what the cause of your PN is, and I still dont have a verdict on mine just a theory. But mine was self limiting. It didn't kill me and I am still leading a normal life although I am in pain sometimes.

Aussie
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zorrro13 (09-28-2011)