View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Lymphadema and post TOS surgery????

Hi everyone, I have a question.......AGAIN!!!!!!

Do you suffer from lymphadema ( SORRY!!!!! I should have typed: swollen lymph nodes instead), aswell as TOS?
I have a history of my lymph nodes coming and going, particularly around my neck and armpits.
I'm currently 28 days post first rib excision surgery (VTOS) and a few days ago started to feel a slight lump just above one of my scars ( just above the collarbone in the deep hollow part- supraclavicular node.... I think?). I initally thought it to still be post surgery inflammation or scar tissue but now it feels like the shape of a lymph node. Anyway this morning its BIGGER so i've hit the fruit juices and multivits to give my immune system a boost. I've also got a absolutely rotten sore/dry throat and headaches--- I had this since the surgery BUT it's much worse today!
I already made a visit yesterday to see my doctor and he didn't seem bothered about it as he said the scars themselves looked well and I shouldn't worry.... well it's not his bloody body, is it!
If it doesn't go down by the end of the week I think that I may contact my surgeon's office for advice as I'm quite concerned.
It seems that I'm never on top of TOS/health issues/headaches.
When one thing improves so another starts to rear its ugly head!!!!!!
From a disheartened SD38

Last edited by SD38; 09-28-2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: change title of thread to: swollen Lymph nodes and post TOS surgery????
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote