View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Donna and pcslife. It's good to get some feedback.
Donna, I'll try to clarify. I never sought any treatment at the time of the lick to my head. My wife said last night, why didn't you do a better job explaining this to the doc's. Vestibular therapy was a shot in the dark to see if I would get any benefit and the therapist is the one who homed in on the blow to the head. In his experience I showed signs of neurological problems as well as vestibular. This went on 2x week for six weeks and I was dismissed due to lack of progress. I was there for vestibular. This was passed on to my otologist who didn't even talk about it or offer to refer me. In a letter to my local doc, he said he didn't understand how I could not pass a posturography test yet I was able to walk into and exam room. That was insulting, he's never seen me walk and made it clear he has to rely on medical test (what's a posturography?). In addition, the vestibular testing that was done was very thourough. Problem is they didn't tell me to abstain from alcohol, tobacco, medication and caffeine prior to the test, which I dind't. Upon talking to them they tell me that what they tell you in the textbooks. A friend who is a Dr. of audiology said they would put the test in the shredder if they knew that.

pcslife, did your syptoms show up immediately. Mine didn't come on until almost 6 mos. later. The therapist emphasised much like you said the more visual stimuli you are given the worse your symptoms become. Did you get a diagnosis. I can't tell you how relieved I was when I was told I had SCD. This was undiagnosed 4 months later since they couldn't find anything on CT.
I go to Mayo in 4 weeks but I'm apprhensive after all of this. I was in such a shape after my last talk with the otologist office I got a prescription for xanax and it actually seemed to help. But I have a fear of its reputation. My symptoms are much better only when lying down. Do you experience this? This was also noted by my therapist. Also, have you noticed any change in hearing. Mine is bad on the upper end but they can't find low end although I have a lot of difficulty with hearing as it fluctuates.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. You don't know how good it is to finally hear from someone.
Mike
4mikee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (10-07-2011)