View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thus is a great reminder to anyone who has not progressed much in the course of a year...you should begin seeking second and third opinions. Going eight years and not needing meds....and your doctor never thought not to revisit the diagnosis? Yikes.

May I ask why your docs thought PD in the first place? We should not hav the diagnosis if we only have one symptom of the three cardinal signs. For diagnostics we are too have two of three the main symptoms: Slowness, rigidity and tremor. Many conditions have secondary Parkinsonian symptoms some respond to levodopa. I am surprised doctors have not not ruled out some sort of dystonia.

For the record, I thought PD is manly an asymmetric disorder. Marcia, I presented with a right hand tremor and it is still one side going on eight years later. Difference is I added slowness and mild rigidity. If they cannot confidentially re-diagnose you then I would be packing for a regional PD and Movement Disorder clinic. Just look at Harley's post....she lost 27 years thinking she had PD so don't give in...there are ways to differentiate.

Good luck!

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EmptyNest68 (09-28-2011)