View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:44 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Eenie,

Ok... not temp sensitive....can floss underneath .... ok good.
Allergy to the metal....that's a possibility, although that would not cause the teeth to hurt. It would cause the gum tissue to inflame and possibly canker sores to develop. I'm still leaning towards the bridge not fitting properly which is causing undue stress on those teeth and when you clench or grind on it a certain way, it gets sore under the pontic as if it were a referred pain from the pressure on both anchor teeth. If she does make a new bridge, perhaps she can have the lab fabricate it without any metal which would be called a Lava Zirconium bridge.

What teeth are involved in this bridge? Any chance you could post an xray?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eenie View Post
Hi Bryanna, think I'm getting somewhere at last! saw Dentist yesterday, nothing temperature sensitive and plenty of room to get floss underneath fake tooth. I do have pain/tenderness when I wake up but have a night guard (although have not been able to use it for 1week) dentist in US did wonder if I could be allergic to any material in the bridge and my own dentist also wondering this now. She was going to remove the bridge yesterday and give me a temporary one, but I had to go to work. Her day off today so am having procedure tomorrow. She is talking about maybe a gold backed one (think that's right) Funnily enough, the pain went completely about 5pm yesterday and has just
returned now, but only about 2 on a scale of 1 - 10.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote