View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default need help understanding MRI(1yr ago)

Hello,i have had low back pain for about 7yrs now that is constant pain,things have changed with my back in the last yr,like numb legs severe cramping to my toes,tingling,problems with bowl and urine.before the shooting burning pain stopped behind the knee.something going on with both hips and knees all the time now.this is what the MRI was from a yr ago-
Diagnostic Report text
MRI Lumbar Spine Without Contrast
Clinical Info
History of low back pain that radiates into the lower extremities
w/intermittent numbness and weakness.
Procedure:
Sagittal T2,axial T2,sagittal T1,axial T1,sagittal STIR.

FINDINGS:
As on prior study,there is a transitional appearance of the S1 vertebral body with partial lumbarization on the right.There is normal alignment of the lumbar spine with preserved vertebral body height.There is mild to moderate decrease in disc height at L5-S1 and mild decrease at L4-L5.There is no significant edema on the inversion recovery images.The conus terminates at the L1-L2 level has normal appearing configuration.There is minimal posterior disc bulges at L1-L2 to the L3-L4 level without central canal or forminal stenosis.There is mild facet spondylosis at L3-L4.
L4-L5:A mild to moderate posterior disc bulge with small central disc protrusion is demonstrated with mild facet spondylosis and moderate ligamentous hypertrophy.There is mild left sided asymmetric canal narrowing with left-sided mild subarticular recess narrowing.There is no discrete compression of the nerve roots.There is moderate left sided foraminal stenosis.The right foramen appears patent.
L5-S1:A moderate left sided asymmetric posterior disc bulge is demonstrated with moderate facet spondylosis and ligamentous hypertrophy.There is mild left greater than right subarticular recess narrowing without compression of the nerve suggested.There is mild to moderate left sided foraminal stenosis.The right foramen appears patent.
There is minimal sacroiliac joint spurring and sclerosis.The soft tissues are otherwise unremarkable appearance.
IMPRESSION:
1.Transitional S1 vertebral body appearance with partial lumbarization on right.
2.Mild to moderate posterior disc bulge with small central disc protrusion and facet spondylosis at L4-L5 contributes to mild left-sided asymmetric canal narrowing and subarticular recess narrowing without discrete compression of the nerve root.There is moderate left sided foraminal stenosis.
3.Moderate left-sided asymmetric posterior disc bulge with moderate facet spondylosis at L5-S1 creates mild to moderate left-sided foraminal stenosis without canal senosis.There is mild subarticular recess narrowing without discrete compression of the nerve root.

Sorry this is so long was not sure what part would be helpful to help me so i just put it all out .
thanks
ellajclaassen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote