View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been on medicare for 6 years. It is very good insurance. It covers about 80% of all medical services (office visits, hospitilization, ambulance, ER, etc.). I was recently hospitilized, and from the ambulance ride and the ER, I only owe $150.00. Medicare is my only insurance too. As far as prescription coverage (Part D), I have been able to get all of my meds for $3.00/per prescription. They do not cover many "new" meds. At all. But, most prescriptions are covered. I also pay a SMALL premium for this part D insurance. It is $5.40 per month. I do not know about specific coverage for the meds. you take. But, most are covered as long as they are not brand new. I got a prescription for AmbienCR and that was not covered. But, if you watch t.v. at all, you know that Ambien is a brand new drug. You might try calling the National Medicare Hotline. Their # is 1-800-MEDICARE. You will need to know which plan you are signing up for though, in order for them to give you the proper # to call for the insurance provider. All of the different plans have seperate providers in different states. Hope I helped some.

Peace, and Love,
-Cgirl-
colombiangirl1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote