View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default That would be very good news for me

Quote: Notice how in article they use "crash" to describe not having the drug? This is exactly how Paula described going "off". Quote.

What thread with Paula? Any others can describe going off, crashing, to me? I have these major crashes more than once a day, since about 4 or 6 months. Or three months; maybe two – no sense of time. Going Off in crash mode feels like an overdose followed by a crash. (Not that I would have experience of that personally, of course. I think I read about it somewhere, maybe Irresponsible Parents Magazine)

Quote: ..our harsh "offs" are actually more withdrawal and less to do with disease progression like we are told?.. Quote

I would LOVE that to be true, because so far I have been telling myself that it is the disease progressing; some months it’s like freefall and if they have invented parachutes already, nobody told me. I would LOVE to find out that the disease is moving at “normal” speed, even though we don’t know what “normal” is with PD (whereas most people in society seem to know EXACTLY what is normal): a drug addiction with peaks and crashes is just my cup of tea, as they might say at Sun TV
I can learn to deal with that; whereas if it is entirely the disease progressing faster, we are back in blind territory.
It would be great to discover that my very worst times are just a withdrawal from an addictive drug – piece of cake to roll that back. Comparatively speaking.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote