Old 09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Cats can contract influenza.

http://www.patrickmahaney.com/infect...alth-concerns/

This is not the only article on the subject.
Also they have contracted H5N1 avian flu.

My cat may have given me a bacteria...since Zithromax worked on it. But I had symptoms for 2 weeks from it. There are several bacteria cats can pass to humans.

Quote:
The question is ---does your cat have it? If Fluffy has any chronic lung congestion, wheezing, eye, nose mucus, and the eye infection causing excretion of pus through tear ducts, he very well may. The Merck Veterinary Manual (pps 760-761) says that 40-45% of chronic, feline upper respiratory diseases are caused by Rhino virus, Herpes virus, Calcivirus, Chlamydia or Mycoplasma. In other words, there are diverse causes of cat-lung problems. All of these diseases are spread by dried cat spores or wet ones, i.e. a cat sneezing on you and having the droplets land on your mucosa. (inner eye will do.) Research this disease at the TOWNSEND LETTER WEBSITE using its search engine. Then you can google MYCOPLASMA on the entire INTERNET as well.
from http://www.masterjules.net/catlung.htm

From what I see on the net it is possible, but not often identified. With the Swine flu hoo haa a small # of cats did contract this virus and died.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote