View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 03:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default representative payee

hi everyone I have a question im not sure you could answer or been in this situacion..I just got my fully favorable decision for SSDI..while im am very happy with the decision im disturbed.my question is concerning somenthing at the end of the decision..it states: it is recommended that a determination be made concerning the appointment of a representative payee who can manage payments in the claimants interest...now that said,I am fully capable of managing my money and that subject did not even come up at the hearing..what are my options here? I dont need a payee..if i refuse am I endangering my benefits? thank you for reading this and hope someone has gone through this. Update: well i called the 1800 number and the nice lady told me that my local office is the one that has the power to change the status of a payee she basically told me to go to my meeting and take my mom for example. and just talk and be real nice to the person that is interviewing me and bring up the subject about me being fully capable of managing my own affairs and have my mom agree. she said its imperative that i take someone so i dont seem rude to their instructions because if not they can assign anyone they like as a payee if someone is not with me..im gonna pray the person at ssa changes their mind.

Last edited by rod_1965; 09-28-2011 at 08:28 PM.
rod_1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote