View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Quote: "I've heard of it used in conjunction with an opioid, but not by itself."

I used low dose naltrexone with an opioid, like Dr. Smith said. It was during a clinical trial. Johnson & Johnson was trying to make fentanyl patches with naltrexone in it, supposedly to make the fentanyl more effective. That was what the clinical trial doctors told me, but it did not make sense to me. This medication sent me to the Emergency Room twice: I was sooo sick and throwing up sooo much bile because I could not stand food, let alone a drop of water. The Emergency Room doctors told me the clinical trial doctors were not telling the truth when they claimed the naltrexone was supposed to make the fentanyl more effective. They discovered it was to prevent thr drug addicts from tampering with the patches to get high with the fentanyl. Grrr! These drug addicts are seriously starting to get on my nerves! It is because of them that we, chronic pain patients, have trouble getting access to narcotic painkillers when needed.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote