Thread: Big Problem
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 05:37 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

CBlue,
I just am thinking out loud as if I were talking to someone in my family asking about past experiance.
Sometimes it is a person is drug dependant due to pain and needs a good pain management person, then the others may have addictive personality.

When I knew my drug dependant daughter was seeking stonger medications, I knew she was in pain, but the medications were becoming her life.
We addressed it with the doctor that took care of her medications and he did a taper down of the meds, oxycotin and perscribed valium for the side effects.

This was a strong supportive family doctor. We did try to get her in a program to detox, but even the programs that were geared to the street addicts on court ordered treatment did not have openings. It was in her records that she detoxed under home care and new pain management was in place. The new pain doc tried methadone which is used for drug abuse patients as it was inexpensive and did have excellant pain management. But, he liver could not handle to dose.

The oxycotin would never be persctibed again because of the terrible addiction side effects.

There is a medication suboxen that will address the pain, and the addition. BECAUSE it does NOT have the addictive proprieties of the other opiates.
If you have a family doctor that perscribed the Vicodin, and can address your comcerns that it is having an addictive quality with you, and would like to withdraw from it safely.
Then see if he knows of the use to suboxen and/or a doctor that could oversee your management.

If this can be done in a medical way there nothing in your file for any future need of pain issues if you have a need. BUT if you feel that this plan is not aggressive enough and need impatient then that is the route is you need and how wonderful for you to address your health now.

Getting addicted to Oxycotin, even at 10mg is a serious thing, and withdrawal can be terrible. You health is so important Cblue.

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (09-29-2011), Dmom3005 (09-28-2011), waves (09-28-2011)