View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_1965 View Post
I will let everybody know once the letter arrives for sure..cant wait to do the happy dance!
I was told on two separate occassions that I had received a fully favorable decision for my appeal on my first application at the ALJ level. They were mistaken/confused/whatever the heck you want to call it. Yes, mine was a complicated case, but they are not supposed to tell you over the phone for good reason. You might have received a fully favorable decision, but you might also have received a partially favorable decision, or possibly even a denial.

Call your local office and tell them that you heard from the national 800# you were approved. They can pull up your file and give you a much more trust worthy answer and it'll take you 10 minutes.

It is not only attorneys that claim the national 800# is unreliable, it is also the case workers and supervisors at local offices, as well as more experienced people on this board.

UPDATE: It looks like you received your decision in writing, based upon another thread of yours. Congrats. Utilize the services of your local office from now on.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 09-28-2011 at 09:17 PM.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rod_1965 (09-29-2011)