View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well the week is over. We took her to meet her Mom in Louisville yesterday and I rested up today. We had a great time and she is finally opening up to her Grandpa now. One night we went to Hacienda for supper. She wanted to sit by him and they enjoyed each others company enough that when the waitress brought us our check she asked if I was on the same ticket as they were. She finally was able to ride the carousel by herself. It is amazing what half a year of kindergarten will do to a child's maturity.

When we got back home yesterday, the first thing I saw was her backpack! It had her brand new Fisher Price digital camera that I worked so hard to find for her, the birthday present she had made for her Mom and her homework. So now we can add another excuse to the long list of 'Why I can't turn in my homework." --- I left it at Grandma's house. My husband has vacation next week so we will go down there and deliver the homework. The cat has got back to normal now and is enjoying having her humans to herself.

When we met in Louisville, of course Mom had baby sister with her. She is 4 months old. She is so funny, all she has to do is look at her grandpa and she bursts out laughing. She loves men's voices, it just animates her. The whole reason we had Trinity for the week was so Mom could go to a Children's leadership conference in Chicago. Their church allowed and payed for a babysitter if you were nursing your baby. My daughter said that there were 8,000 people there and the two babies from their church. They had a lot of adoring fans!!!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote