Thread: ocular MG
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to the board. You will find yourself spending a lot of time here, as you will find a wealth of advice and information.

My MG started as ocular but rapidly changed to generalized. I had double vision and a droopy right eye. I still have a droopy eye but the Mestinon helps it. For a long time I thought the Mestinon was not doing a thing until I missed a couple of doses and my right eye was almost closed. As my Neuro told me, Mestinon is like a Band-Aid, it only helps you for a short period of time (3-4 hours). You need to get on a long-term program.

Now for the tough part my double vision just got better after 12 months. I didn’t drive for 11 months because I felt it was too risky. We are now trying to figure out what helped. I have been on Imuran for 10 months and had 3 IVIG treatments. So we are not sure which helped. We stopped IVIG and waiting to see what happens. As for my strength it is a day-to-day thing and I take them one day at a time. Stress and heat seem to affect me the most.

Keep in mind what works for one person might not work for you. If you have more questions feel free to ask them, as someone here will have the same experiences. Best of luck to you.
Mike
pingpongman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote