View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 12:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,

I know this post is almost two weeks old and i wonder if you have had the injection? You do know that steroids and Lyme don't mix, right?

Anyways, I have a C3-C4 central herniation and I also have bulging discs at C4-C5 and C5-C6 and last September I had a Cervical ESI and I can tell you that it did not help me all that much. The thing this I have had disc problems for many, many years and maybe that's why. If it did help it was for about a month only and then the pain came right back, worse I think.

The shot was given at C7-T1 with the hope it would travel upwards. Because it is so easy to make a mistake at the C-spine level it was decided it would be safer. It was performed under X-ray (Fluoroscopy) and it took about 45 minutes to 1 hour. The longest part was waiting to them to start an IV. Which they were going to use for light sedation (Versed). They had trouble finding a vein and I then decided I did not need the sedation. I did not regret this decision but it was quite uncomfortable when the doctor inserted the needle. You may find the sedation is needed. Hopefully they offer it some doctors and clinics do not. I was then monitored for another hour afterward. ( I have a heart block so the nurses were interested in my EKG) then I was allowed to leave. I had to have a driver as I could not drive afterward. Overall it wasn't too bad but I was so hoping to have more pain relief than I actually had.

I do hope your experience will be much better.

Good luck to you

Quahog
Quahog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote