View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Nyt2,
Did your pudendal nerve decompression help you? Did the surgery cause your RSD worse? You had mentioned you were on ketamine infusion during surgery. How long were you put on the ketamine? I need pudendual nerve decompression but afraid of the flare or worse after the surgery and thus has not yet proceed.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Numb
I had my surgery in May of this year and I do have some improvements of the PNE pain. The Ketamine infusion was 4.5 hours. I forgot to ask them the dose but I see Dr. Hibner next week for a nerve block and another 4 hour infusion of Ketmine. I will ask then what the dose they used. I was the first patient that Dr. Hibner used Ketamine on and I did so well with it he was planning on using it on the next 6-7 patients to see if they have decreased pain after surgery. There is also some mixed literature that Ketamine might have some neuroprotective effect. Dr. Hibner is very proactive with drug treatments for his patients with RSD/CRPS. He believes individuals can have RSD/CRPS in their pelvis. I find that a very interesting thought.

I did have a terrible flare in my legs after the surgery for about 4 days but about 7-8 days post-op I noticed that my legs felt better then they had in a long time and I could wear pj bottoms to bed. For the most part all of those effects have warn off but the allodynia in my legs is slightly better since surgery.

I am suppose to have the other side done in Feb. 2012. However, I am seeing Dr. Hertz in NYC the end of Oct. and will discuss with him whether I am better off to try and get the CRPS/RSD under better control before I have the left side done. I will never be able to sit if I don't have the pudendal surgery and I have so much pelvic floor dysfunction that I will never have any hope of improvement if I don't have the surgery. It took me 3 years to finally have the surgery and I am glad I did. The recovery is very long and slow but it is nice not to feel like someone is stabbing up inside nor something is stick inside of me. Sitting is still a major problem.
nyt2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote