Thread: Young Adults
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 02:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I would classify myself as a young adult. I'm 25 years old. I was finally feeling confident in my life, had been in a strong relationship with my boyfriend for 6 months, was half way through my master's program, and was working full time at a job I loved. I finally felt settled and stable, after some really bad emotional trauma in my childhood. My life was going some where.

Then I was in a car accident. I haven't been back to Grad school since the accident 7 months ago. I was fired from my job because I ran out of medical leave. Fortunately my boyfriend has been very supportive, but I feel like I can give him what he needs physically or emotionally because I'm such a mess myself. And I know after 7 months, all the appts, medicines, therapies, my agitation... it wears on him.

I have no idea whether this will get any better.... if I'll ever go back to Grad school, get a job that I love again.... and I'm stuck home alone all day while my friends are out being productive.

Believe me, I understand how bad it shakes your confidence. I am afraid to attempt grad school; look for a job, even part time, get another car....
SmilinEyesMs305 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote