View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemit View Post
hello, i got a pain pump oct.25 , so far im VERY HAPPY with it, i had failed L4 -L5 fusion in 1988, have lots low back,legs an feet pain . one thing about it,is you get a "trial" on it before getting a implanted one, so you get a idea how much pain control you get, the trial with a external pump aint no big deal, so might be worth while checking out, good luck.

sincerly , hermit
I am trying to get info from other folks on the pain pump. The one I am considering is the one that gets implanted in the stomach area with the cathater in the back and injects morphine into the spinal area where my pain is. I am 72 and weigh 100 lbs. I am wondering if I am even large enough to accomodate the pump since I have no fat in that area of my body. Do you have any info on what size a person might need to be to have this type of implant? I am in horrible pain, and all I want to do is stay in bed most of the time due to the pain. I don't want to continue to live like that - it is not living...just existing. I have heard both good and bad things about the pump. First do you have to have anthesia with the surgery? I get real sick, and I was wondering why a doctor couldn't just numb my body from the mid section down - where ever it needed to be numb instead of everything. Do you know anything about that? I will appreciate any help you can provide, or anyone else reading this...My husband died a few weeks ago and my pain and loss of my husband of 52 years is tearing me up inside, all I seem to be able to do is cry and have pain. I don't want to be like this, and maybe I wouldn't if I could get the pain under control. Please help if you can, and if you can't Thank You for reading this. God Bless. Kirstin
Kirstin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote