View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused social security disability hearing

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I was reading some info on here and saw some good answers, so I thought I would post on here to see what you guys thought of my day in court. I had my hearing on monday- the 26th of September, I have scorosis of the spine, herniated discs, bipolar1, anemia, depression, migraines, and I have a hemorrhage. In my left eye which is causing blindness and can never be corrected. I have been fighting for my s.s.d.I. for 3 years. I tried t work and only lasted not more then a month on either job. I do have a lawyer representing me. I am 39 years old. My vision problem prevents me from driving day or night (being I can't tell how far the car in front of me is and cannot see out of my left side) I cannot read small print or work under florescent lights. And the list goes on... before I went in front of the judge, my lawyer told me that he was a difficult man and just answer the questions honestly and not be afraid to tell him everything about my disabilities and it could take about an hour and that he is aware of my case as he reviews it prior to seeing me. When we walked in to the room, I started getting nervous. There was no vocational person there and it was just the judge and someone typing the whole conversation. The judge asked me just a couple of questions, we changed my on set date and then my lawyer asked me some questions and in 20 minutes, we were done. When we walked out, my lawyer said she felt good about it and it was the shortest time she was ever in front of him. Now I'm waiting from my decision. How PNG does it take and I'm scared about it as well. I lice in florida and heared horror stories about s.s.d.I. here. Does anyone have any ideas?.....thanks... PS sorry it was so long!
koolkatzh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote