Thread: dizziness
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I call them "my own private earthquakes". Suddenly the world is unstable for a few moments (or longer).

We've made it a joke at home--I suddenly wobble, grab something or do the "startle jerk" with my arms to regain balance, and either hubby or I go "did you feel that? that was a big one!"

There's also "these dang walls won't stay still...." among others.

Humor can sometimes help take the stress off. Which at least makes it less upsetting for the moment.

Been dealing with dizziness for about 5-6 years now.

Vestibular therapy helps. Since my dizziness comes from my brain, not my ears (after extensive, exhaustive, and nauseating testing), it didn't "cure" the dizziness at all, but it did make me much better at dealing with it and catching my balance.

Recent years a cane has really helped. I don't use it at home, but do when I go out, gives you something to hang on to and lean on and remain connected to the ground with. Stability in your hand.

And there are some really pretty and nice patterns out there. Or get a plain one and decorate it yourself. (And for the guys--patterns, or use spray paint or sports logos or other manly stuff, decorate does not have to mean girly).
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote