View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Exclamation To RollerGirl553!

RollerGirl,

Did you see Dr. Steven Wexner in Florida at the Cleveland Clinic?
I have the EXACT diagnosis as you. I have pelvic outlet obstruction/paradoxal contraction of puborectalis muscle/anismus...there are so many names. I've had every test imaginable including defacography and menometry, etc. I also had two botox injections into the puborectalis muscle, but neither worked. Currently I do not have any spontaneous BMs on my own, and I haven't for 4 years. I'm surviving by drinking a bottle of magnesium citrate once a week to clean out, but the laxative is becoming less effective because my body is getting used to it. Dr. Wexner told me that my only hope of avoiding a stoma/bag is to undergo intensive biofeedback/physical therapy every day in his clinic for 2 weeks to a month. Unfortunately I'm a single mom, I work a full time job, and I live outside of Chicago. I do see a physical therapist that does biofeedback here, but it's only once a week so it hasn't beed effective. I recently found out that the Mayo Clinic has an intensive 2 week outpatient program to treat this condition. I'm looking into it and I WILL do it. Right now I'm trying to find two weeks that I can head up there.

Like you, I have a history of weak pelvic floor, and delivering my daughter vaginally made it worse. Also, I'm a teacher and am unable to go to the bathroom when I need to, so over time I've trained my muscles to hold it in.

Jamie
Joshea2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote