View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did an ImPACT test a couple of weeks ago. Unfortuately, I don't have a baseline from before my concussion, but my memory/reaction time scores were pretty good (in percentile terms, high 80s/low 90s), which was encouraging.

In hindsight, one of the challenges was accurately gauging my symptoms (they ask you to self-report on various symptoms, rating them from 0-6). I was feeling pretty good that day, and reported very low symptom scores for the most part. But a week or so later my symptoms flared up from exertion and travelling to and from appointments. Now (another week later) I'm cautiously starting to feel better again. It reminded me of something Sidney Crosby said in his press conference - namely, that if you'd asked him how he was doing a few months ago, it would have totally depended on the day.

So I think it's important for doctors to get detailed information from their patients about their symptoms, and not simply rely on the ImPACT results, which is just a snapshot in time.

Also, I don't think the ImPACT questionnaire included tinnitus, which is one of my primary symptoms. And while it asks about prior concussions, it doesn't allow space for listing possible prior concussions and subconcussive impacts.
greenfrog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote