View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 04:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightnurse30 View Post
I work 12 hour night shifts as an ICU nurse. 36 hours a week. I started back to work 14 weeks after my accident. Ive been back for 2 months now and my symptoms are just getting worse and worse. My headaches are pretty much constant and i have no energy to do anything on my days off. Unfortunately, i gotta keep going and feel like crap every day or there will be no job and no health insurance. I deal with the most extreme form of stress on a daily basis at my job...trying to save someones life.
That's rough, I'm sorry that you're going through that. Is there any way you'd be able to work fewer hours without it affecting your insurance eligibility? I hope you begin to feel better.

My situation is somewhat similar. I am an infant caregiver and I work 40 hours per week. I didn't/couldn't take any time off of work after my last (and 5th) concussion because I was already covering for someone else. I also know that if I don't work I'll have no income or health insurance. There is no option to do part time where I work. I also don't feel comfortable telling the people I work with that I've had another concussion because I feel that they won't believe me. I have headaches all day every day and I am exhausted on the weekends. I just deal with it because I really don't have another option.
Bright&Dark86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote