View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

Hi!

I know of a couple things that can cause your symptoms (white matter lesions in the brain, tremor, seizures, racing heart) that doctors often fail to look for, and they are B12 deficiency and celiac disease/gluten sensitivity.

B12 is safe and is very inexpensive, so that is something certainly worth doing. You can check out the vitamin forum for more information about that.

Treatment for gluten sensitivity/celiac disease is dietary. Again, something you can do for yourself. There are diagnostic tests available, and you can read more about them in The Gluten File linked below my name. If you check the right bar you will see pages for Diagnostics, The Neurological Manifestations of Gluten Sensitivity. MS, B12 Deficiency, etc. I generally recommend testing for celiac disease/gluten sensitivity because a positive diagnosis is worth getting, but because the tests are not perfect~ a dietary trial is worth doing even if the tests come back negative. It can't hurt, and might help.

Also in the mix of possibilities would be MS, lupus, Lyme disease, and I'm sure more. Your doctors have probably tested you for some of these things....but there are diagnostic pitfalls in most testing... so even with a negative result, it might be worth another look.

Good luck!

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote