View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Hi Karen,
No you are not looney tunes for wanting to be proactive with your body! Some docs just get nervous when their patients question things (which everyone should)esp people with rsd as we have to go through the pain...not them. My dear friend my rsd started in my right foot too (see we can have sympathy for each other now). Unfortunately, my rsd spread from there, mirrored to left foot/leg within a month and I had full body and bedridden all within four months!! My entire body and internal organs began shutting down. It was quite a mess...all when I was learning about rsd. I read postings here where people say they have rsd in only one part of their body for several years and I just shake my head because mine spread like you said wildfire. It only goes full-body in about 7% of all cases...and for me to be diagnosed within 10 days of it happening was a miracle too. As some people go years without a diagnosis.

I had sets of three nerve blocks (for a total of 8 of them) and had worsening after each one. The first one was the best (not) the pm doc never gave me any novacaine or meds to block the pain BEFORE he inserted each of the three injections. With each one I felt the pain shoot down my back into my leg and foot. It felt like I was on fire from the inside. Horrible experience and I about cried from the pain. I never had anything to compare it with and had I known he would do that I would not have let him do so. The next set...I made sure I had valium. Live and learn.

Tell your doc you belong to an rsd chat board and feel concerned about whatever it is that is bothering you and you want to speak to him about it. He should be able to put your mind at ease...if not then go get another doctor. Talk to family and friends and get a referral to a good doctor. Some docs have real bad bedside manners. Relax and be positive going through the process. If it doesn't work then you will find something else. Hang in there and let us know how you make out.
kathy d
Thanks for the awesome pep talk Kathy. Its almost 8pm and I just now got home from the PM doc. His office is hours from the town I live in. I am feeling pretty rough so I will post tomorrow morning about what we talked about and what not. Thanks for being there. Karen (iam going to bed).
Karen67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote