View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunz50 View Post
Hi Cathie, quick question regarding your last couple of posts on the ulnar nerve, has your neuro or family dr set you up for an EMG or nerve conductivity test, I had both tests with Dr Pearce in Windsor in which he dx me with TOS, I also had double crush with C3-4 herniated and still dealing with ostoephytes at C4-5, C5-6 both sides, with further deteriation in the top thoric region. I would not go back under the knife for the entrapment without proof that is what it is (sry my opinion only), I only ask bc I have severe arm/elbow pain/weakness along with twitching and muscle bulging(visual) in my biceps, forearms and hands constantly achy and numb, but was told it was symtoms of TOS cause somewhere in the brachial plexus there is compression on the nerves and or blood vessels, I've just never persued any more tests as I am not prepared to undergo futher surgery at this time. Take care and enjoy the day, looks like sunshiny one!
Bunz

Hi Bunz

Yes, I have an appt. With Dr. Dessai on October 11th for another EMG to confirm diagnosis. I'm with you on not wanting more surgery, and Im insisting he is posotive about the ulnar nerve entrapment, and how sever, and I also want to know what my odds are for any surgical procedure actually curing my hand problem.

I started with a new physiotherapist just this week, (i like this one, he has experience with cervical patients post op) we are working on trying to solve my pain without more surgery. He is trying to help with all the scar tissue and muscle wasting. Hoping it will help. So far so good. He also talked to me about TOS today, not diagnosing me of course, but explaining that I have all the symptoms of it.

For now i need to follow through with all the dr's diagnosis's since WSIB is trying to get me back to work in three months and I still can't use my right hand (which is my entire job). So they want confirmation on everything also. Which is good, they make the docs be more thorough when they have another person to answer to I think. Just don't understand how I will go back if I choose not to have the ulnar nerve transposition, since I'll just have to live with my symptoms, the pain and numbness in my fingers? I guess I will have to see when my 3 months is up and I have my next functional abilities form.

I did speak with the physiotherapist today about the twitching, he explained it's part of the compression, and told me to mention it to the neuro at my next visit. Perhaps dr. Dessai can look at that with my EMG also, since I see him first.

Thanks for your response, Still trying to learn as much as i can about all this.

Hope you are doing well. And have a Happy Thanksgiving next weekend (I think you are my only Canadian friend on here! Lol)
Cathie
cath1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote