View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 12:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

OK... I'm jumping in here...

Until now I haven't because all others before me have given you super advice... and truly, so have I, in the past, on other threads... that's because we all really like you and we really want to help keep you here.

I didn't think I had anything to add to this thread but I do now.

I have 2 cats - and have had them for almost 12 years now - they keep each other company when I'm not home... and when I am home, they add a dimension in my life called unconditional love. I laugh at them (and speaking of laughing - watch America's Funniest home videos - its on every day - and there is nothing healthier than laughing!)and I love them - they come and sit on my lap and purr. They are warm. I don't ask them to come - cats aren't like that - they come on their own terms.

Ya, it sucks cleaning the cat litter - and I've got to admit that when I've been in my lowest of low, those poor little guys have had quite a gross little "bathroom"... and it sucks if you can't afford their food but I've always managed as even dollar stores sell cat food.

Rescue a cat - go to a shelter ... or even a pet store that has strays - you'll have to pay a bit which will cover their first shots, but its worth it. (I don't take my cats to the vet as they are very expensive - I let nature have its way - unless, of course, they were really hurt).

Seriously -you will never regret choosing a kitten - it will love you. You don't have to walk them - and they don't need to be played with - they'll play with you!!! And if you're concerned about the cost of a cat dish and/or cat litter tray - go to the thrift store - you'll find all you need.

And the other thing I have to say is this - I honestly do know what its like not to get dressed or out of the house for days...

Last night I woke up at 4 am and my damn mind picked on everything that has gone wrong in my life... so I turned on the tv to shut it out....
and I slept until 9:30.

You're not alone my friend... but I think you know that!

And now I'm going to copy what I wrote before I lose it all (that happens to me sometimes too... aaaargh!!! ) .... and when it has happened, I don't try and write my thoughts again... its too much energy but I've learned from what I wrote....
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (10-01-2011), barbo (10-01-2011), hippiechick (10-03-2011), Lara (10-02-2011), thelonely1 (10-02-2011)