Thread: Young Adults
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 05:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you very much for this post. This really does inspire me a lot, as it is easy to feel hopeless. I will continue to hold on and wait out this storm. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNew View Post
Hey lindberg! Got some inspiration for ya!

Last December, I was 18 and a freshman in college. I hit the back of my head while showering one day and started feeling very strange. Low and behold, I gave myself a concussion.

Over the next 8 or so months I struggled with Post Concussive. I was very nervous and anxious, had a lot of trouble sleeping, and just felt like I wasn't there a lot of the time.

I know your pain, it was terrible. Dealing with this while starting a new life does suck, a lot.

But here I am, 10 months later, and I'm completely fine. Since returning to college, my symptoms have basically all disappeared. I feel completely fine, I barely even think about how bad the past few months have been!

So stay strong! I know it feels like it drags on forever and it'll never get better, but trust me, it does!

What helped me was staying positive, staying healthy, exercising regularly, and surrounding myself with the people I loved.

Hang in there, it'll get better!

-Alex
lindberg711 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote