Thread: Lonely, but...
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Lonely, but...

It's a trade-off. Sometimes I get really, really lonely. Yes, I'm married, and he's a great guy, but sometimes I get lonely for OTHER people. But then there's the trade-off.

Relationships take energy and assume commitment. I don't do either very well these days. Sometimes I catch myself thinking "Nobody ever calls me." Well...most of the time I don't really WANT to talk on the phone, so I tend not to call people...or call them back.

I don't really want to go places (see other thread), and neither of us do company very well. That pretty much narrows it down. So to over-simplify it, I don't want to be lonely, but I don't want to be around people. I can hear my mother saying, "You can't have it both ways". Well, apparently I can.

Am I making any sense at all?? Sorry...this is the time of night I get really philosophical and really stupid at the same time.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (10-03-2011), Jodylee (10-05-2011), karousel (10-02-2011), Kitty (10-01-2011), SallyC (10-01-2011), TwoKidsTwoCats (10-01-2011)