View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 07:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lonely

In 2001 I went to live with my daughter who had 4 cats! We lost one of them to illness and one day while I was out my daughter Pam left (and I forgot to look on the refrigerator where we left each other notes). I was just about to panic when the kitchen door opened and there was Pam with her best friend pushing her wheelchair and the tiniest little tiger kitty sitting on her lap. She said "it's got to be 4 Mom!" We took a vote and named her Ruby. The first night she slept with Pam. The second nite she slept with me, and the third, fourth, fifth and sixth nites she slept with me. Pam said "she's your cat, Mom - she's chosen you." When Pam died two years later I found homes for the other three cats but kept Ruby with me. She has been a wonderful companion. Not only does she do all the things the others described in previous but in cold weather she sleeps under the covers with me. I buy big bags of Purina cat chow and Walmart also has some very inexpensive cat litter called Special Kitty. You can even leave a cat alone for a week-end if she has plenty of food and water. Come on Lonely - join the cat people!
barbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (10-02-2011), Alffe (10-01-2011), ginnie (10-03-2011), Lara (10-02-2011), thelonely1 (10-02-2011), waves (10-03-2011)