View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 09:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by erz1 View Post
Hi,
I've never joined a support group before, don't quite know what to expect but have been living with trigeminal neuropathy from dental work, for 6 excruciating years now. I see a lot of emails about neuralgia, but not neuropathy: constant intense burning above my lip brought on by a needle to the mouth.

No need to say what a struggle to go on. I don't do well with meds--acupuncture helps n a bit, sometimes. I don't want to be discouraged from living-- am a single parent (my kids have no other family), a writer and a teacher. Don't want to be another statistic associated with this condition. If anyone else has had relief, please share what worked. I'm looking into magnet therapy, which I was told might help. Also, lowering oxolate intake. Thanks

Elyse
Hi,

Ive been in misery since a root canal procedure done in Jan.
I dont have intense pain but alot of facial pressure tightness. I do feel burning and prickly on my cheeks , ears , nose if I dont take a benzo for the day. I had an eeg and it was abnormal on one part of the brain . Im sure its on my left side. First neurologist thought it was trigiminal neuropathy from an injection that caused an anxiety reaction however he said it would probably go away but that was four months ago. Second wanted to put me on Keppra but refuse to take it if they dont have diagnoses. Keppra is usually for seizures and did not have a seizure. Terrified that it might turn to AD or its a mild form right now. I take zoloft because Im anxiety prone but seems to inflame my face more which i dont understand. Terrified because I dont do well with meds either, it lowers my blood pressure. Took it for 8 months five years ago for anxiety but dont remember if my blood pressure returned back to normal. Also, my nasal cavity is dried out, not sure due to all the antibiotics, steroids and anxiety meds I took. this is very fustrating because its hard to breathe through my nose. Very exhausted and confused. I will probably go to another neurologist.
kidgie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote