View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy

Thanks everyone for the input, honesty, and candor. It helps to have a dose of reality along with some honest feedback. The last few months since April have been quite challenging. I have honestly not cried so much since I was a kid. I am not even one year into a marriage and my poor wife has had to see her husband go from a man with a promising career to a person who is uncertain of whether or not I can even work tomorrow. It's been hard on me physically, emotionally, and mentally.

I have been through hell to even arrive at a diagnosis and I have had weeks where "experts" led me to believe I have had MS, ALS, And the latest CIPD. Its been a roller coaster where at times I feel cursed and lucky to have ToS. Not the first year of marriage you see on tv or movies.

I feel 98% confident I have TOS with anterior scalene involvement and perhaps even slight pec minor involvement. I have exhausted my traditional means of PT and have seen 3 neurologists, a vascular surgeon, 2 chiropractors, and loads of other experts.

I have been suffering with this progressively for about 6 mos. and I am not seeing much progress. Not sure what to really do next, where to turn or what to try next. I know I am sitting on a ticking time bomb though which horrifies me.

• I don't have disability as I am self employed. So it's all or none and either I work or bring in zero income.

• surgeon I saw seems to think being an active and fit male my chances are greater for successful surgery but seems like load of crap. Especially if I go back to existing career which would likely create scar tissue.

• There is an egoscue clinic near me, have considered an evaluation. But it is not cheap. 2K for 8 sessions which I am not sure is money well spent.

• have reduced my hours to bare minimum with little change or effect.

Not sure if I gamble on surgery, take my chances on more conservative treatment, wait it out another 6 mos ?? Quit my job and go work at Starbucks? Become homeless ?? This is a tough call for me...

In a matter of months I went from being an active fit person with a lucrative computer business to someone who wonders how they will make the mortgage. I know many have it similar or worse. Just so sad and unfair for all of us.

I find myself looking at people with horrible posture and resenting them because I have TOS and they seemingly don't. Not a good emotional space.
343v343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote