Thread: St. Jude SCS
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 01:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile St. Jude SCS

Since the old thread was closed, I thought I would start a new one.

I am scheduled to get the St. Jude SCS this coming Wednesday. After much research, second and third opinions, and prayer, I finally feel at peace with my decision. I'm still apprehensive, don't get me wrong, but I do feel that I'm doing the right thing.

The trial was a rousing success for me. As fate would have it, it was put in the day before we had to evacuate due to hurricane Irene. To be honest, I'm not sure how I'd have survived that evacuation otherwise. It didn't block all of the pain, but I'd say a good 75% of it. My levels were down to a 3-4, which is acceptable to me. For those who are curious, I have peripheral neuropathy and CRPS-Type II in my left leg, as a result of a nerve that was severely damaged.

One thing I would like to remind others who might be considering a SCS is the reality: the SCS likely will NOT resolve your pain entirely, but it will hopefully get it to a more manageable level, improving your quality of life.

I'll be happy to answer any questions I can about my decision, the trial, etc. And of course, after my surgery, I'll be happy to share those details as well.

peppermintpatty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
JoanB (10-04-2011), Mark56 (10-02-2011), ron h (10-03-2011), Rrae (10-03-2011)