View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 08:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Long overdue update

Hi everyone. As some of you know Bridgette came home about 1 1/2 months ago. Things here at home have been a roller coaster since then. We are trying to get her psych dr to understand that Brigette as well as us believe her meds are not working. She doesn't seem to want to listen to what either of us have to say, she just sits there and writes out another script. She was denied for her adult SS disability. That was a joke in itself, the SS office sent her to be evaluated by a psych of thier choice, he seen her for literally 8 minutes, asked her some questions and determined that she should be a fully functionally adult. He didn't see the manic moods, the nights she is up all night that I am up with her because she is so down on herself that she wants to hurt herself. He doesn't see the constant struggle she has with what non bipolar people would consider "normal" events. I tried to get her tested by another psych to see if there were other issues going on with the bipolar but not doc around here will test her because they won't take her insurance, the best part is... if I wanted to pay cash for the testing they still won't test her because she has insurance. So I can't even pay cash for her to see a doctor.

At first things were good with her home. She and the other kids were adjusting well then her cycling began. I feel so bad for her and I would in a heart beat take this roller coaster she is on and ride it for her. it breaks my heart that she is suffering so and I can't even get her own dr to help her. We have another appt with her at the end of the month, which is when I am going to explain everything once again except this time I am going to make sure she understands.. If she won't do anything than I will seek another psych for her even if it means I have to find one in a neighboring state. To avoid the insurance issue.

I am back in school for fall semester. I have one semester left before I begin my clinicals. This semester is full of science, history, nursing and some required library class. Between school and the family I don't have much time for anything else. Just thought I would give you all an update and any suggestions any of you could give regarding her doctor would be GREATLY APPRECIATED....

Sorry it has taken me so long to give you guys an update. I hope you and yours had a great summer and an even greater fall to come.

Jen
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-02-2011), BlueCarGal (10-02-2011), Dmom3005 (10-03-2011), Just Jacquie (10-06-2011), Mari (10-02-2011)